- Nine Shih Tzus rescued
- Join City2Surf to help buy an X-ray!
- Volunteer Photography Workshop
- Christmas with animals - Santa Photos
- Parched March Events
- Jessie's transformation
- Dr Katrina Warren - Wonderdogs book
- Shop, save & help animals!
- Mr Patch and Missy Higgins
- Are you interested in dog behaviour?
- Watch our new kitten video!
- Pet of the Week Panther
- Companion Animals Taskforce Report
- Dog's throat cut in savage attack
- Purina expands partnership with AWL Australia
- Student work placements
- Winter Warmers for Shelters
- Desexing Month - July
- It's Membership renewal time
- Purrfect Match
- Petstock adoption days this weekend
- Special offer for Pet Dental Health
- Bark Lane partnership with AWL NSW
- Furry Fun Day - 7th September
- 1500 animals desexed in a month!
- Watch our cute Purrfect Match video
- Postman Paws helps Save Lives
- New partners Animal Referral Hospital
- Welcome to new CEO Wendy Cohen
- Emergency care for animals in bushfires
- Stevie the blind wonderdog
- Demand for tighter regulation on puppy farms
Join Our Mailing List
Can you open your heart and your home to a dog in need of help?
Animal Welfare League NSW needs volunteer foster carers for our shelter dog foster care program.
- Have an interest in dog behaviour
- Have room in your home for a foster dog
- Have the time to provide training and hands-on attention for your foster dog
You could make a genuine difference to help prepare shelter dogs for forever homes, by providing them with the skills and behaviour they need for life.
Animal Welfare League endorses positive reinforcement based training only. Foster Carers will be fully supported by our behaviour team, with regular feedback to track our foster dog’s progress.
We encourage you to apply and join our team today - for more information click here