Lost and found pets
Lost a Pet?
If your pet goes missing:
- Look all over your property - including new places where your pet may hide for example, behind furniture, appliances, garden bushes, lofts, garages or fireplaces
- Search your local streets and contact your neighbours
- Help your pet find his way home by ensuring he has a well fitted collar and pet tag that includes your current contact details
- Call your local vets, pound, council and Animal Welfare League shelter
- Do a letterbox drop
- Most important of all, ensure your pet is microchipped and you update you details with your local council if you move or your details change.
Found a Pet?
If you find a stray dog or cat it will need to be surrendered to your local council pound.
All dogs and cats are scanned for a microchip on arrival at the pound and if the pet owners' details are current, they will be quickly reunited with their lost pet.