What we do
Animal Welfare League NSW cares for abandoned, surrendered and neglected animals. Our operations include:
- Two animal welfare shelters in NSW where surrendered animals are cared for prior to adoption (one of these is open to the public)
- Inspectors who respond to reports of animal cruelty or neglect
- A full service veterinary hospital at our Kemps Creek Shelter
- A discount desexing program through a network of 13 volunteer branches around NSW
- A Foster care network for those wishing to care for abandoned and surrendered pets until we can find them forever homes
- An Education program to improve animal welfare in the community
- A Bequest Program, including Legacy House for cats, to look after animals whose owners have passed
We have many animals available for adoption, to view who we currently have available please click here.
To view the May 2018 edition of our supporter magazine LoveTails, click here.
Anyone who adopts from us is eligible to receive behaviour support and advice from our Behavioural Department.
Animal Welfare League NSW is a proud member of AWLA, Animal Welfare League Australia.