Work Place Giving
Workplace or Payroll Giving is one of the simplest and cost effective ways to give tax deductible donations which support the pets in our care. Many people prefer this method over making individual donations. Workplace giving empowers you to make a difference in your community through regular donations from your pre-tax pay to Animal Welfare League NSW.
How does it work?
Benefits of payroll giving for employees
By donating through your payroll, you can support AWL NSW and obtain the tax benefit immediately. Rather than submitting tax deductible donations with your tax return, your nominated donation amount is deducted from your salary, before deducting your tax. The benefit to you is immediate. Email us for our Workplace Giving form.
- You can donate as much or little as you like - just 82 cents a day ($25 a month) makes a huge difference
- There’s no need to remember to make a payment each month
- You can opt out anytime
- Your company may agree to match your donation
Benefits of payroll giving for employers
Workplace giving is a simple way to enhance your business’s involvement in the community, with clear business, employee and community benefits. Payroll giving is a powerful way to demonstrate corporate social responsibility and commitment to causes employees care deeply about.
The deductible donations made through payroll giving help:
- Create a more connected workplace where giving is seen as a collaboration between employer and employee
- Aid in the retention and recruitment of staff
- Increase your company's charitable giving with little effort or cost
- Enhance your organisations’ corporate social responsibility and community programs
- Allow you to monitor the level of charitable giving your company has achieved.
An easy to set-up and administer workplace giving program is delivered through your company payroll system. Your company’s payroll team is responsible for contacting and providing the donations directly to AWL NSW.
There are a number of organisations who can assist you to set up your workplace giving program, they include:
Company Matching Gifts Program
Companies can enhance their own staff’s workplace giving program by electing to implement a matching gift program. This is an incentive for staff to donate through a company workplace giving program, and help raise more funds for AWL NSW.
For more information, please contact the AWL Partnership Manager on 8899 3333 or via email