Bedding and blankets needed for our shelter pets.
COVID-19 continues to challenge our usual way of life, and our Kemps Creek shelter has implemented important measures to help keep our staff safe during these tough times. One of these changes was to reduce the number of visitors by creating an appointment system for adoption and surrender enquiries and to ask kind supporters to hold off donating items for the time being… While we have tried our best, the reality is that we simply need our supporters to help ensure we give our shelter animals the best care possible.
Due to the restrictions, our Kemps Creek shelter has now run desperately low on warm thick blankets, towels, and bedding for our shelter dogs. Our toys have also seen better days, with many having to be thrown out after being used again and again and again.
We understand that there is still a serious COVID-19 risk in many areas of Sydney and surrounding areas, but if you are in a position to donate blankets, bedding, or toys for our shelter pets then we would be very grateful.
𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗺𝘀:
- Visit our shelter at 1605 Elizabeth Drive, Kemps Creek and donate used bedding and toys that are still in good condition. These items can be dropped off outside our Cattery.
- Have items mailed to our shelter directly at 1605 Elizabeth Drive, Kemps Creek NSW 2178.
- Do a social media callout to friends and family to help arrange a collection of items to donate.
- Purchase items online (at places such as Pet Circle or Kmart) and have the items posted to us directly.
- Hold an online fundraiser to help raise money for our shelter pets (you can choose to raise funds for us via Facebook!)
- Call AWL NSW on 02 8899 3333 and donate over the phone or online here.
With your help, we can continue to ensure our shelter pets are given the best care possible before they find their furever homes. Our animals say THANK YOU! 🐾