Adopt a Furry Fido this Winter for Half-Price
Do you LOVE dogs as much as we do? Are you looking for the next canine companion to join your family? Now is the pawfect time to adopt your new best friend with 50% OFF all dog adoptions at our Kemps Creek shelter during July. That’s half the price and all the LOVE this winter!
At this time of year, our shelter can get full of homeless dogs all wanting a cosy home to call their own. We want to see our shelter pooches spend this winter in warm loving homes, snuggling up to their new hoomans and celebrating a second chance at a better life. If you have been thinking about adopting, be sure to visit our shelter soon!
The discounted adoption fee applies to dogs and puppies available for adoption at our Kemps Creek shelter from 8-31 July 2019.
Reduced adoption prices for dogs during the promotion period:
- $250 for puppies aged 7 months or younger
- $175 for dogs aged over 7 months and up to 7 years old
- $100 for dogs aged over 7 years and up to 11 years old
- $62.50 for senior sweethearts aged over 11 years old.
All dogs come desexed, vaccinated, microchipped, flea and worm treated, and health checked.
Click here to view the dogs available for adoption
Did you know?
Many dogs enjoy receiving affection. Some love to share warmth and seek out human contact, allowing their human companions to spend great quality time with them. Anyone who has ever considered getting a new friend to curl up with on the cold winter nights ahead should click here see the variety of dogs available for immediate adoption.
All of AWL NSW’s shelter dogs are assessed by our expert behaviour team to ensure they can be well matched with the right new owners. Our team are on hand to guide and advise on what animal is best suited to your needs.
Having a new companion to snuggle with this winter might even help cut down the electricity bill and, according to current research, it can lower a person’s blood pressure and improve their health and wellbeing. So there really is no excuse to be cold this winter. To find your new companion click here or call us on 02 8899 3333.
Benefits of Dog Ownership
Research has shown that owning a dog can have a number of physical health benefits:
- Increased cardiovascular health (lower blood pressure, lower triglycerides and in men, lower cholesterol)
- Increased physical activity. Dogs especially help us get out and enjoy the outdoors while getting some regular exercise. They are great motivators and personal trainers, never wanting to miss a training session no matter the weather.
- Growing up with a dog can help strengthen the immune system and may reduce the risk of childhood allergies.
- Those who have pets including children or adolescents have been shown to have higher self-esteem. Teenagers who own pets have a more positive outlook on life and report less loneliness, restlessness, despair, and boredom.
- Pets enhance social connectedness and social skills and are great conversation starters!
- Pets are also great caregivers. They keep us company when we’re sick or feeling down. They can make us feel safe while we’re home alone and they keep an eye on the house while we’re out.
What else do I need to know?
Our standard adoption criteria and lifestyle screening applies to ensure it is a pawfect match! It can be costly to own a pet, so our expert staff will ensure that the decision to adopt a new family member has been thought through properly and the whole family agrees on the decision.
What will happen to these cats and kittens if they are not adopted?
AWL NSW does not place time limits on the animals in care, meaning our adoptable animals stay with us for as long as they need to before they are adopted.
Just not the right time to adopt?
You can help support the work of AWL NSW by:
- Joining your local AWL NSW volunteer branch and support community programs like discount desexing
- Become an AWL NSW foster carer and help our most precious animals in need
- Donate to help continue our work in saving animals from cruelty and neglect
- Include AWL NSW in your will or join our bequests and legacy program
- Share this promotion or encourage others to adopt from AWL NSW
*Price discount only applicable to dogs and puppies at Animal Welfare League NSW Kemps Creek shelter during the promotion period (8-31 July 2019). Not in conjunction with any offer and subject to change at any time. No holds. Standard adoption application criteria applies. Adopters must be over the age of eighteen.