Lost an animal?
If your animal goes missing:
- Look all over your property – including new places where your pet may hide for example, behind furniture, appliances, garden bushes, lofts, garages or fireplaces
- Search your local streets and contact your neighbours
- Help your pet find his way home by ensuring he has a well-fitted collar and pet tag that includes your current contact details
- Call your local vets, pound, council and Animal Welfare League shelter
- Do a letterbox drop
- Most important of all, ensure your pet is microchipped and that you update details with your local council if you move or if your details change
Found an animal?
If you find a stray dog or cat it will need to be surrendered to your local council pound.
All dogs and cats are scanned for a microchip on arrival at the pound and if the animal owners’ details are current, they will be quickly reunited with their lost pet.