Help our shelter this winter
Want to help pets in need this winter? We could use your help!
Animal Welfare League NSW is encouraging individuals and businesses to start their own ‘winter shelter drive’ by collecting items that our shelter desperately needs during the cold winter season. A winter shelter drive can be a great way to contribute if you can’t adopt or donate funds.
Winter can be a tough time for everyone, but it can be particularly difficult for our shelter pets. AWL NSW relies heavily on generous donations from the public to help provide bedding, blankets, coats and more to help care for pets during these bitter cold months. Donating items can make a huge difference to the lives of the animals waiting at our shelter. Items that we need include:
- Big, thick blankets to keep our large breed dogs nice and cosy
- Dog coats (of all sizes) to keep our senior sweethearts warm
- Pets beds in good, clean condition
- Towels to help our vet clinic care for injured and sick animals
- Toys and enrichment puzzles for our shelter animals to play with
- Tasty treats for our Behaviour team to use when assessing animals.
- Newspaper for our vet clinic to use (not shredded paper please)
- Dog leads for our animal attendants to use when walking dogs
Items can be dropped off any day to our shelter located at 1605 Elizabeth Drive, Kemps Creek. Our shelter can be contacted on 8899 3333 or via email at email@example.com
All the shelter pets say a huge THANK YOU for your kindness and generosity!