- About Animal Welfare League NSW
Animal Welfare League NSW believes that all animals should be treated humanely, free from unnecessary pain and suffering. Animal Welfare League NSW is dedicated to advocating for all animals and having a positive impact on their lives.
Animal Welfare League NSW Inspectors enforce animal welfare legislation such as the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, regulations and codes of practice. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Investigating cruelty complaints these include complaints in relation to abandoned animals, failing to provide adequate food, water and shelter
- Conducting Codes of Practice Inspections such as pet shops, sales yards, dog and cat breeding facilities
- Assisting State Government providing disaster relief such as drought bushfires and flood assistance
- Providing education on legislation, codes of practice and animal welfare
A veterinary team providing expert care to animals through our Veterinary Clinic and Animal Care Truck. This is done by:
- Desexing of animals to help ease the burden of unwanted litters
- Subsidised microchipping and vaccinations to ensure animals are easily identifiable and vaccinated against fatal diseases
- Provide relief and aid in consultation with local state government bodies during emergencies and natural disasters
- Educating people on the best standards of care for all animals
A dedicated shelter in Western Sydney, New South Wales with a team of highly trained professionals providing care to animals, including but not limited to:
- Rehabilitating animals who have not had the best start to life ensuring they are ready for their chance at a better life
- Adopting animals out to their forever homes
- Accepting surrenders into our care
- Reducing the euthanasia rates of healthy and treatable animals
A foster care network that provides care to animals in need.
- Understanding that not all animals are able to thrive in the shelter, the foster care network is able to place vulnerable animals into temporary homes to help them reach their full potential until they can find a forever home.
Animal Welfare League NSW has over 20 branches across New South Wales run by hardworking and dedicated volunteers. These branches assist with:
- Rehoming animals
- Subsidised desexing vouchers
- Community Welfare Education
- Placing animals in foster homes to ensure they can thrive before being adopted out to their forever homes
Animal Welfare League NSW relies heavily on the generosity of individuals, the community, and partnerships to carry out our work.