Animal Welfare League NSW is committed to protecting your data and respecting your right to privacy. In the course of dealing with you, Animal Welfare League NSW collects, uses and discloses personal information necessary for the provision of services in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles as outlined in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
Animal Welfare League NSW collects personal information required to provide and communicate with you about our services. Every effort will be made to collect the personal information in an environment that maintains confidentiality.
The personal information we collect includes information relating to customer details, donations, volunteering, membership, bequests and the inspectorate. Personal information may include information such as name, email address, telephone number, address, financial details, date of birth, history with the organisation and specific interests.
Protection and Storage
Information collected may be held in paper and/or electronic systems. Steps have been taken to ensure the security of this information. We are obliged by law to retain records for certain periods of time depending on the type of record and service provided.
Use or Disclosure
Animal Welfare League NSW collects personal information for the purposes of providing services, products and information to you, including for membership and fundraising activities. Animal Welfare League NSW will only use or disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (the ‘primary purpose’), or for a secondary purpose if an exception applies.
The exceptions are:
- You have consented to a secondary use or disclosure
- The secondary use or disclosure is required or authorised by law or court order
- We believe the secondary use or disclosure is necessary for the enforcement of related activities conducted by or on behalf of an enforcement body
- The secondary use or disclosure is necessary to abide by the Constitution and Corporations Act 2001.
Register of Members
Under the Corporations Act 2001, Members of Animal Welfare League NSW have the right to inspect and/or request a copy of the Register of Members for purposes relating to Animal Welfare League NSW. If such a request is received, only the names and addresses of members will be made available as part of the register, and no other personal information will be released, unless required to comply with the Corporations Act 2001.
Animal Welfare League NSW will only use or disclose personal information for direct marketing purposes if:
- consent is provided
- it is reasonable to expect the information would be used in that way, or
- the information collected was from a third party
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing from Animal Welfare League NSW, you may notify us at any time:
- To opt out of direct marketing please contact us on the details provided below.
- We will always include details on how to opt out as part of any correspondence not directly related to service delivery and administration.
- Requests to opt-out of direct marketing will be completed within 30 days of the request.
Access to Information and Accuracy
We do our best to ensure the information we hold is up to date and accurate. You are entitled to seek access to the personal information held by us and we encourage you to inform us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible. Upon request, we will provide you with the source of how we received your personal information, unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so. If you wish to request access to or update your personal information, please contact us on the details provided below.
While Animal Welfare League NSW undertakes all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, no guarantee can be given that information sent over the internet is always secure. Sending and receiving information over the internet is at the user’s own risk. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to ensure your data security once we receive it.