Narooma Dog Training Club
- Narooma Dog Training Club
AWL NSW Narooma Dog Training Club
PO Box 322 Narooma NSW 2546
Chief Instructor: Kathryn McKellar
Secretary: Carol Hellmers – 0458 953 281
About our Club
Narooma Dog Training Club (NDTC) was founded by Yve Robinson (local Narooma resident and life member of AWL NSW) and has been operating in the Eurobodalla Shire for more than 15 years.
Under the expert eye of NDTC Chief Instructor and using positive training methods, dog owners attend group classes and learn to be responsible and competent pet dog handlers. Puppies and dogs of all ages and breeds acquire good manners, socialise with other dogs and importantly and how to socialise with us humans. There are promotion days and award opportunities throughout the year, plus competitions and end-of-year trophies to be won. Agility and Rally Obedience are other training disciplines to be enjoyed. NDTC also holds a Dog Christmas Party with games, prizes, fancy dress and treats for everyone – it is all great fun!
All instructors are dedicated AWL NSW volunteers. They are experienced handlers who have completed obedience training to CCD level, some with more than one dog. Several have owned, cared for, and rehabilitated dogs so they know the difficulties that pet dog owners can face. Our instructors are on-hand each week to give advice and assistance as part of the training program.
Value for Money
Narooma Dog Training Club runs obedience and agility training programs throughout the year. The annual registration fee is kept to a minimum to encourage people to come along and learn how to handle their pets both at home and in public spaces. Once registered, there is a wealth of advice on tap!
The annual registration fee per handler is:
- $25 Concession – Youth under 18/Pensioner
- $40 Single Adult
- $60 Family
A weekly ground fee of $5 is payable for each session attended.
Please wear comfortable, closed-in shoes. You will also need to bring dog-waste bags, a water bowl and some yummy treats for your dog as a reward for a job well done!
New handlers wishing to register for the Basic Handling Skills program will need to book ahead. Class size is limited to 12 handlers and the Basic Handling Skills program runs for 2 calendar months. The fee for this program is $50.
How to Register
New handlers wishing to register for the Basic Handling Skills program will need to book ahead. Class size is limited to 12 handlers and the Basic Handling Skills program runs for 2 calendar months. The fee for this program is $50. Check the 2023 Calendar for registration dates. Contact 0458 953 281 for full details and booking. Puppies must be over three months old.
- Vaccination papers for your dog must be shown at the time of registration.
- NDTC reserves the right to refuse access to its training programs if believed that such access may cause harm or conflict with other handlers or dogs.
Narooma Dog Training Club operates every Saturday except Public Holiday weekends, and across the Christmas break.
- Obedience training takes place 2:00pm – 3:00pm for all levels.
- Agility classes are held from 3:30pm – 4:30pm, for dogs over 9-months who have completed Basic Handling Skills program.
- Rally Obedience training is included in Obedience classes for all levels
For more information call 0458 953 281, 9am to 5pm weekdays OR see us in action on the NATA Oval leash-free dog park on the Princes Highway, Narooma.
Calendar of Events
To read the latest copies of Narooma Dog Training Club Branch newsletter The Woofer, please follow the links below.
- 2022 Oct-Dec – Woofer Club Newsletter
- 2022 July-Sept – Woofer Club Newsletter
- 2022 Woofer April-June – Woofer Club Newsletter
- 2022 Woofer Jan-Mar – Woofer Club Newsletter
- 2021 Oct-Dec – Woofer Club Newsletter
- 2021 July-Sept – Woofer Club Newsletter
- 2021 Apr-June – Woofer Club Newsletter
- 2021 Jan-March – Woofer Club Newsletter