Western Suburbs & Hills District
- Western Suburbs & Hills District
The Western Suburbs Branch was established in the 1970s and has been operating continually ever since. It was established by the then-Mayor Charlie Lowe and June Salter; and Jean Helson. Since establishment, the branch has rescued well over 3,000 animals from local pounds and has provided subsidised desexing to thousands of local residents every year.
What We Do
Some of our activities include:
- Subsidised Desexing Program: We assist pensioners and low-income earners with access to discounted desexing for their pets in the Western suburbs and Hills area.
- We may also be able to assist with donations of pet food from time to time.
- Cat Adoption Program: We work with the local community and the Blacktown Animal Rehoming Centre to help rehome cats and kittens.
How You Can Help
If you’d like to help out our branch you can;
- Donations of dog and cat items, bedding, kitty litter, and collars/leads are always welcomed.
- Monetary donations are gratefully received and used to support our subsidised desexing program.
- Enquire about how to become a cat or kitten foster carer.
- Join us as a member and help us with fundraising activities
- We are currently seeking a dog welfare officer to assist the branch – please contact us for more information.
Where to Donate
Please contact us by email and a branch member will get in touch to discuss the most convenient drop-off point. This will often be the home of one of our volunteers.
Subsidised Desexing Vouchers
If you are a low income earner, pensioner or experiencing financial hardship and require a subsidised desexing voucher for your dog, cat or rabbit, please CLICK HERE to apply. For those without internet or an email who would like to apply for subsidised desexing, please contact:
- Angela and Dave on 8834 7328 9am-5pm any day OR
- Christine on 0491 606 588 9am-5pm Mon-Fri
To find out when the next meeting is, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas We Cover
We cover the Western Sydney area (Blacktown and surrounds) and the Hills District (Baulkham Hills and surrounds).
Cat and kitten adoptions:
Please email Jeanette at email@example.com