Animal Welfare League greatly appreciates donations of goods to help us care for the animals and raise much needed funds - see our current Wish List.
We rely on the generous support of the community to help our shelter pets. We gratefully accept donations of items from our wish list - each and every donation will make a direct impact to help the cats and dogs in our care. Thank you to all our supporters who assist us to make their wishes come true!
We would ask that if an item is not on the list below, then please do not donate it to AWL NSW. Instead, consider donating it to another worthwhile charity that may be able to use it.
If you can help with one of the items below or make a contribution, please email us or call 8899 3333.
For the shelters:
- Baby monitors – that can be synced to IPhone – for behavioural assessment and ongoing management
- Bandanas – for pheromones to help relieve stress in newly arrived and long-term care animals
- Bedding - igloo style cat beds, soft dog beds, large raised dog beds, knitted rugs and small blankets for cats & dogs, self-warming heat pads and beds, blankets – please no quilts
- Bowls - food and water - metal - smaller for cats,and larger and heavier ones for water for dogs, ‘slow-down’ food bowls for large dogs
- Cameras - Go-pro or other durable cameras for monitoring and recording day-time and overnight behaviours
- Cardboard boxes – paper ream boxes are ideal as ‘hide & perch’ areas for cats and kittens
- Cat care items - snuggle safes, Divetelac and bottles for feeding kittens - for foster care
- Cat grass, catnip and cat mint, lavender, chamomile
- Cat toys and play equipment - scratching posts, tents, tunnels, cat nip toys, feathers
- Cat litter
- Collapsible dog crates - used for puppy training, and mums & bubs during kitten season
- Furniture – vinyl or leather lounges – 2-seater or single seater for animal areas that are easy cleaned and disinfected
- Microchip scanners
- Dog clicker training aids
- Dog toys and play equipment - Kong toys, puzzle feeders, durable dog toys, stuffed toys, hanging bungee toys, agility equipment
- Hydro-bath and grooming equipment - brushes/combs for dogs and cats, clippers, clipper blades - size 10 and 5, large dog hairdryer
- Pheromone sprays or plug-ins - DAP for dogs, Feliway for cats
- Thundershirts! – medium and large, for dogs that are anxious and during storms at the shelters
- Towels and blankets – please no quilts
- Treats and training - rawhide treats and long-lasting chews, raw bones, peanut butter, vegemite, tin tuna/salmon/mackerel/sardines, pocket pet and livestock treats, fresh fruit and veges, jerky–natural flavours only
For the Vet Hospital:
- Pulse Oximetry ($3,000)
- Doppler blood pressure monitor ($2,000)
- IV Fluid pumps and stands ($2,000)
- Dental xray unit ($15,000)
- Isolation ward (please contact)
- Towels and blankets
If you can help by supplying one of our wish-list items or by starting a collection within your community or workplace, please email us or call 8899 3333.