Western Suburbs & Hills District Branch
The Western Suburbs Branch was established in the 1970s, and has been operating continually ever since. It was established by the then-Mayor Charlie Lowe and June Salter; and Jean Helson.
Since establishment the branch has rescued well over 3,000 animals from local pounds, and has provided subsidised desexing to thousands of local residents every year.
What We Do
Some of our activities include:
- Subsidised Desexing Program: We assist pensioners and low income earners with access to discounted desexing for their pets in the Western suburbs and Hills area.
- We may also be able to assist with donations of pet food from time to time.
- Cat Adoption Program: We work with the local community and the Blacktown Animal Holding Facility to help rehome cats and kittens.
How You Can Help
If you’d like to help out our branch you can;
- Donations of dog and cat items, bedding, kitty litter and collars/leads are always welcomed.
- Monetary donations are gratefully received and used to support our subsidised desexing program.
- Enquire about how to become a cat or kitten foster carer.
- Join us as a member and help us with fundraising activities – click here for the form
- We are currently seeking a dog welfare officer to assist the branch – please contact us for more information.
Where to Donate
Please contact us by email and a branch member will get in touch to discuss the most convenient drop-off point. This will often be the home of one of our volunteers.
Our branch meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at the Reg Byrne Community Centre, located on the corner of Fyall and Darcy Roads, Wentworthville NSW, from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
Areas We Cover
We cover the Western Sydney area (Blacktown and surrounds) and the Hills District (Baulkham Hills and surrounds).
For desexing vouchers:
- Angela (daytime) – 02 8834 7328
- Marg (daytime) – 0424 994 064
- Katy (afternoon/evening) – 0497 202 020
- Sharon (evening) – 0408 584 186
Cat and kitten adoptions:
Jeanette (evenings) – 0477 682 000
Postal: PO Box 1511, Baulkham Hills NSW 1755
BBQ at BUNNINGS, NOVEMBER 2017
Thank you to our volunteers who staffed a BBQ at Bunnings on the 12th November 2017, netting the AWL Western Suburbs Branch $1200.00!